Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW is a not for profit working to support people living with Arthritis and Osteoporosis across New South Wales. Nearing our 50th year, we are a non-government health charity that aims to improve quality of life. We raise funds for medical research, and in conjunction with our network of support groups and our digital channels, pursue a vision of ‘A Community Free from Arthritis’.
We provide information to people in New South Wales who have been newly diagnosed with the disease as well as those who have lived with it for some time. Our offices are in North Ryde and there are nearly 50 support groups and branches throughout the state.
Affiliated with Arthritis Australia, we provide specialised services such as warm water exercises, gentle exercises and self-management programs focusing on lifestyle. We support people of all ages living with arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions, including children living with juvenile arthritis.
Two vacancies have become available for the position of Director of the Board. These positions will suit individuals, who are appropriately experienced and preferably AICD qualified, seeking an opportunity to work closely with Board colleagues under guidance of the President. We are seeking individuals who share our vision and want to make a real and lasting difference for those people living with Arthritis and Osteoporosis in New South Wales.
To achieve a balanced and broad skill matrix across Board members, the required competencies are:
- Ability to communicate and consult effectively at all levels
- Understanding of governance
- Supporting the ethos and commitment to the fundamental aims of Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW
- Ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation
- Ability to balance our voluntary and/or not for profit sector objectives with the need to be financially sustainable
- Ability to devote time and effort to help Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW achieve its strategic objectives
The successful candidate will be an individual with advanced skills and networking in one of the following areas:
- Fundraising / Membership / Loyalty & Engagement
- PR/Communications & Strategic Partnerships
- Finance or legal
- New media and the digital economy
Please send your expression of interest, including a relevant resume to the President.
Applications close 24 March 2016 and will be treated with the strictest of confidence.