How can Arthritis NSW help me?
We provide you and your family with support, advice and information concerning arthritis or other musculoskeletal conditions to give you the tools to improve your life.
Were here for you, our health professionals provide one to one support and information to help you manage your condition. If you need information about diet to help you manage your condition effectively
We enable you to develop self-management skills through our education and information resources.
We’re a voice for our community. We promote community awareness of the issues associated with arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
We work with health professionals to improve management of arthritis and early diagnosis.
We provide seminars and programs for the community and health professionals.
We support research into the causes and treatment of arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions.
What is Membership?
Whether you have arthritis, osteoporosis both or one of the 120+ musculoskeletal conditions, by becoming a member today, you will have access to information and services related to both conditions. Join a community of over 5000 people who understand you and your condition.
Why becoming a member?
By becoming a member you’ll be joining a community of over 5000 people all moving forward towards freedom from arthritis. There are many benefits to joining our community, such as:
- We’re here for you, if you need information or help we are only a phone call away. We will go out of our way to make sure you get the help and support that you need to manage your condition.
- We keep you informed, we provide you with the latest information on treatment options, diet and research with our Arthritis NSW e-newsletters.
- We reward our members with a 10% discount on books, DVDs and other products to help you do the things that you love.
- We will send you a copy of our quarterly magazine Arthritis Matters. Its jam packed full of articles from leading medical professionals, member’s stories and healthy recipes to help you and your condition.
- Exclusive Membership rates for educational sessions, seminars, webinars, self-management courses including Rheumatoid Arthritis Program (RAP), Osteoarthritis of the Knee (OAK), Moving On, Challenging Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Membership entry to your local branch or support group. We have over 45 branches and support groups across NSW made up of like-minded volunteers who get together to offer peer support and information. Find out where your local branch is
- Access to hydrotherapy classes. We’re helping 500 people get in the pool every week! We have 30 warm water classes in 22 locations across the state. Warm water exercise can help you to increase mobility, reduce pain
- Arthritis Matters magazine, incorporating Osteoporosis (four a year)
What are the benefits of joining for three years?
By becoming a general member for three years, you will save 10-15% off your membership.
Can I cancel my membership at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your membership anytime. All you need to do is call 1800 011 041 or
e-mail us at email@example.com with the subject line: membership cancellation.
Do I get a refund if I cancel my membership?
No, there are no refunds to your membership.
How do I renew my membership?
There are many ways to renew your membership, we will send you a reminder letter a month before your membership is coming up for renewal, you can renew either by completing the form and sending it back in the free post-paid envelope. Alternatively you can give us a call on 1800 011 041 and we can renew your membership over the phone.
When am I notified that my membership needs to be renewed?
We will notify you of your renewal one month before expiry and we will also send you a reminder letter once your membership expires.
How do I pay for my membership?
We have multiple ways to pay for membership, we accept Cheque, Direct Debit and most major Credit Cards. You can pay online with a credit card. If you don’t have a credit card, please contact us on 1800 011 041. And you can sign up over the phone
What if I have forgotten my membership number?
You can call 1800 011 041 to obtain your membership number.
Do I have to pay membership annually?
No. We have many people who choose to join our regular giving program, the Joint Initiative. All members of the Joint Initiative receive the same benefits as regular members but choose to give a small monthly gift to help us support the 1 in 5 people affected by arthritis. Find out more about the Joint Initiative Here