Notice of membership changes (to take effect 1 October 2017)
- All memberships will be annual, with the 3-year option no longer available. If you currently have a 3-year membership, this will remain in effect until the expiry date.
- The annual membership fee will increase by $5.00
- GST (currently paid by Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW) will be added to the fees.
These changes are detailed as follows:
- Pensioner: $20.00 for a 1-year membership ($55.00 for 3 years)
- Family Pensioner: $35.00 for a 1-year membership ($85.00 for 3 years)
- Standard: $40.00 for a 1-year membership ($110.00 for 3 years)
- Family Standard: $50.00 for a 1-year membership ($125.00 for 3 years
NEW MEMBERSHIPS – effective 1 October 2017
- Pensioner: $25.00 plus GST for 12-month membership (total: $27.50)
- Family Pensioner: $40.00 plus GST for 12-month membership (total: $44.00)
- Standard: $45.00 plus GST for 12-month membership (total: $49.50)
- Family Standard: $55.00 plus GST for 12-month membership (total: $60.50)
If you have any questions in regards to these membership changes, please call us on 02 9857 3300 or email us.
Why become a member?
✔ Be Heard
We have a strong, powerful voice speaking up on issues that are important to you, to key decision makers in government. We are pushing for change that our community wants to see.
Our Information Service Line (toll-free 1800 011 041) gives people with arthritis and/or osteoporosis and their carers the chance to talk to a health professional about any concerns or enquiries regarding their condition.
✔ Be Informed
We provide information and support resources to help you better manage your condition.
Seminars and Webinars
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW conducts various seminars and webinars during the year involving a range of different medical, nursing and allied health staff. The aim of these programs is to communicate the importance of early prevention and self-management techniques.
✔ Be Supported
We provide the opportunity to meet new friends who understand the challenges you face, through our support groups.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW community groups
There are more than 35 branches and support groups throughout New South Wales. These comprise members who join together to support each other and gain knowledge to help manage their condition. Most groups meet monthly to hear a guest speaker and/or discuss topics related to arthritis and osteoporosis. Most importantly, our community groups offer support and the opportunity to build friendships. If there is no branch or support group in your area, why not contact us and help start one up!
Support for parents with kids who have arthritis
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW recognises that children who have juvenile idiopathic arthritis experience severe pain, stiffness, fatigue and muscle weakness on a daily basis. Juvenile arthritis now affects 1 in every 800 Australian children. If your child has arthritis, as a member you will have access to a number of activities including two annual children’s camps: Camp Twinkletoes (weekend camp designed to help families caring for children aged under 8 years of age) and Camp Footloose (a supportive, fun environment for children and teenagers with arthritis aged 9 to 18).
✔ Be Rewarded
We reward you with discounts on our education programs, seminars and health services.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW magazine
Arthritis Matters is a full-colour print magazine. Each edition features information on nutrition, exercise and research.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW e-newsletter
Our monthly e-newsletters are sent to all our members with an e-mail address and have the latest information from a variety of resources around the world.