Why become a member?
✔ Be Heard
We Have a strong, powerful voice speaking up on issues that are important to you, to key decision makers at the government. We are pushing for change that our community wants to see.
Our Information Service Line (toll free 1800 011 041) gives people with arthritis or osteoporosis and their carers the chance to talk to a health professional about any concerns or enquiries regarding their condition.
✔ Be Informed
We provide information and support resources to help you better manage your condition.
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW’s healthy lifestyle programs give people with arthritis and osteoporosis the skills to make informed choices about treatment and change their behaviour to improve their health and quality of life. Our healthy lifestyle programs include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Program (RA-P) – a course for people with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Click here to read more
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Program (OAK) – a course for people with osteoarthritis. Click here to read more
- Challenging Arthritis – an online program that helps people make behavioural changes and improve self-management skills to promote good health and improve quality of life. The program can be completed at an individual’s own pace either online or using a workbook. Click here to read more
- Moving On – a program designed for people with any kind of long-term health condition such as diabetes, heart disease or arthritis. The program covers a broad range of health topics such as healthy eating, coping with chronic illness and getting the most out of your medicines. Click here to read more
- Osteoporosis Program – a course for people with osteoporosis. Click here to read more
Seminars and Webinars
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW conducts various seminars and webinars during the year involving a range of different medical, nursing and allied health staff. The aim of these programs is to communicate the importance of early prevention and self-management techniques.
✔ Be Supported
We provide the opportunity to meet new friends who understand the challenges you face, through our support groups.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW community groups
There are more than 35 branches and support groups throughout NSW. These comprise members who join together to support each other and gain knowledge to help manage their condition. Most groups meet monthly to hear a guest speaker and/or discuss topics related to arthritis and osteoporosis. Most importantly, our community groups offer support and the opportunity to build friendships. If there is no branch or support group in your area, why not contact us and help us start one up!
Support for parents with kids who have arthritis
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW recognises that children who have juvenile idiopathic arthritis experience severe pain, stiffness, fatigue and muscle weakness on a daily basis. JIA affects approximately 1 in 1,000 Australian children. If your child has arthritis, you will have access to a number of activities including two annual children’s camps: Camp Twinkletoes (weekend camp designed to help families caring for children aged under 8 years of age) and Camp Footloose (a supportive, fun environment for children and teenagers with arthritis).
✔ Be Rewarded
We reward you with discounts on our education programs, seminars and health services. Discounts are also available to aid daily life through our online shop.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW magazine
Arthritis Matters is a full-colour print magazine. Each edition features information on nutrition, exercise and research.
Arthritis & Osteoporosis NSW e-newsletter
Our monthly e-newsletters are sent to all our members with an e-mail address and have the latest information from a variety of resources around the world.