Adults and Arthritis

2.4 million Australians of working age have arthritis. Over half of $7.6 billion related to arthritis can be attributed to productivity costs reflecting reduced employment rates and an increase in absenteeism resulting from arthritic conditions.

More people in Australia have arthritis than cardiovascular disease, diabetes or asthma (source AICH report)

Arthritic conditions are more prevalent among females, with over 2 million females (19.9% of Australian females) and 1.8 million males (17.1% of Australian males) estimated to have arthritis in 2007.

78% of the people with arthritis reside in NSW , VIC and QLD. In NSW this is approximately 22.8% females and 18.7% males, giving a total of 41.5% of the Australian population.

 Become a member of Arthritis NSW today!

Arthritis NSW offers a comprehensive membership program that aims to help people improve their quality of life and is working to keep NSW moving. At Arthritis NSW, our focus is to ensure that members are well-informed, educated and supported to aid in managing their condition and enjoying a healthy lifestyle.

“I became a member of Arthritis NSW so that I could keep up with the latest treatments, stay tuned to other members and hear their hints and stories and be involved with what is a great organisation, with its help and advice. Reading some of the members’ stories brings home to me how mobile I am, thanks to a smart doctor’s advice many years ago.”

Joan who is in her 60s and has Osteoarthritis.

Click here to find out more about how we can help you

Click here to become an Arthritis NSW member today.