About Camp Twinkletoes
Camp Twinkletoes is an annual event designed to help families caring for young children with juvenile arthritis. The program has four essential elements:
- Education for parents
- Fun for children with juvenile arthritis
- Much-needed attention for siblings
- Experience-sharing between families.
For a family with a newly diagnosed child, the future is uncertain. Camp Twinkletoes supports families to adapt to this uncertainty and build the mental strength to care for their children in the most positive way possible.
Who is Camp Twinkletoes for?
- Children with juvenile arthritis under 9 years old, accompanied by a parent or carer.
- Family members, siblings, extended family and close friends are also welcome.
More information about our Camps for Kids
For more information about our Camps for Kids with Juvenile Arthritis, download the Camps for Kids with JIA brochure
Beth & Carter’s experience with Camp Twinkletoes
Carter was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis when he was just four years old. Beth, his mum, tells us about her experience and how Camp Twinkletoes has helped her and Carter. Click on the image below to hear their story.
Details from Camp Twinkletoes April 2018
Camp Twinkletoes 2018 was held over the weekend of 13-15 April 2018 at Drummond House Accommodation, Royal Far West (RFW), in Manly (Sydney). It was a great success, with very positive feedback from all the families involved.
- The theme for Camp Twinkletoes 2018 was “Resilience and Wellbeing.”
- Speakers included Anne Senner RN MS – Paediatric Rheumatology CNC; Occupational Therapist, Mandy Hanna; and Clinical Psychologist, Dr Goodison-Farnsworth.
- Topics included:
- Orientation to juvenile arthritis – its forms, affects and treatment;
- Preparing children for medical procedures;
- Recognising the signs of – and managing – stress associated with persistent pain in young children;
- Practical solutions for children at preschool / school – plus navigating the school system
- Activities for the children included a musical workshop, relaxation exercises, and free play involving supervised craft.
- The program opened on the Friday evening with an informal discussion lead by our Health Services team. The education sessions for parents / carers were held throughout the day on Saturday, while the children were supervised in their activities.
Memories from Camp Twinkletoes 2018
READ OUR BLOG for more about Camp Twinkletoes 2018 and share your appreciation for our supporters who generously donated gift vouchers and products for the parents, carers and children attending Camp.
If you have any questions about attending Camp Twinkletoes, please contact our Camp Coordinator on 02 9857 3300.
If you are interested in being a volunteer at Camp Twinkletoes, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 02 9857 3300.
To discuss opportunities to sponsor our camps for children, please contact our Business Development Manager on 02 9857 3300.
Photos from Camp Twinkletoes, April 2018
Below is a selection of photos from the 2018